Detox water has been one of the most popular weight loss aids for years—not only can it help you lose weight, but it keeps you hydrated, flushes out toxins, and tastes way better than regular water! Drinking water in general (any kind) is one of the best things you can do for fast weight loss. It’s calorie-free, fills you up so you don’t feel hungry, and boosts your metabolism.
Water is an essential part of any diet and exercise program, as well as every function of your body. Feel your absolute best with detox water.
What is Detox Water?
Essentially, detox water is water infused with fruits, vegetables, and/or herbs that helps your system flush out toxins. The most beneficial component of the mix is the water itself, but you can add an endless number of other ingredients to boost health benefits. As a rule, anytime you’re filling your body with vitamins and nutrients, you’re going to feel healthier, look healthier, and have more energy.
How to Make it
No matter what you end up mixing into your water, the steps to making detox water won’t change much!
- Drop all your ingredients into the bottom of a pitcher (or fruit infuser bottle)
- Cover the ingredients about ½ way, then fill the pitcher to the top with water
- Put your pitcher in the fridge for 1 hour before serving
- You can refill your pitcher 2-3 times before it starts losing flavor
Apple Cinnamon Detox Water
The phytonutrients and antioxidants found in apples reduce the risk of an array of health issues, like cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. All you need is:
- 1 apple, thinly sliced, with the seeds taken out—fuji apples are recommended for this recipe, but use your favorite kind!
- 1 cinnamon stick—powdered cinnamon doesn’t mix well with the water, so we don’t recommended it here.
Slim Down Detox Water
This drink is packed with vitamin C and antioxidants, which are great for your metabolism and skin! You’ll need:
- ½ gallon of purified water
- ½ of a lemon, sliced
- ½ of a lime, sliced
- ½ of a grapefruit, sliced
- 1 cup of cucumber, also sliced
Watermelon and Strawberry Mint Detox Water
Watermelon has tons of health benefits—it helps lower blood pressure, improves insulin response, and alleviates muscle soreness. Not to mention the strawberries are full of antioxidants! You’ll need:
- 4 cups of watermelon, cut into ½ inch cubes and slightly mashed
- ½ pint of strawberries, sliced in half
- 6 sprigs of mint, lightly crushed
Mango Ginger Detox Water
Mangos are famous for boosting metabolism, but that’s not all they help with! They help with digestion, memory, and can increase your libido. Ginger is great for digestion too, particularly with nausea and morning sickness, and is anti-inflammatory by nature. You’ll need:
- 1 inch of ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of frozen mango—fresh is better if you can get it!
Classic Cucumber Detox Water
This is known as the king of all detox waters—the drink that started it all. Cucumbers are packed with vitamins, flavonoids, and other healthy compounds that fight inflammation, boosts brain health, and even freshens your breath! All you need it:
- 1 medium organic cucumber, cleaned and peeled
For more recipes, tips, and all things water, contact Water Way today!